Yesterday was a bit of a full day…
- walked dog
- Took Amelia the Miata for an oil change, found she was due for a new air filter, manual transmission service, and diff service
- ordered some chrismtas presents for friends
- Got Mom Birthday/Christmas presents
- Got new shoes as my old ones had a hole in the sole
- Poured a half bottle of stabil into the tank of amelia, filled her as full of gas as I could, and then parked her in the garage.
- Hooked Amelia’s battery to a float charger, plugged float charger into the wall
- Decided to do the same button-up to Gerta the Merkur
- Found that the cable for the hood release had snapped at the handle, triggered hood release using pliars.
- Found that critters had eaten through a radiator hose
- Detached radiator hose of Gerta, drained coolant
- Drove to get new radiator hose, new coolant, and second fan belt.
- Installed new radiator hose, filled with new coolant
- Went to nearby gas station, put second half of bottle into tank, realized I misplaced my wallet
- drove home, searched for wallet, could not find, called advance auto parts, tried to call gas station
- drove back to gas station, found wallet in gas station trashcan, made other people pumping gas feel a bit weirded out when I told them how lucky I felt
- filled merkur, drove home, attached float chargers
- drove to friends place, helped friend sort through stacks and stacks of old stuff
- drove home feeling really tired and achey and sniffly
- walked dog
- rubbed cayenne pepper on the Merkur’s heater hose (hopefully so critters don’t gnaw through it again), covered the hood vent with plastic wrap, covered the Merkur.
Today I slept in, bought some snacks-for and later went-to a lovely D&D game taking Cairo along, watched Requiem for a Dream (because my cold has me taking day-quil/ny-quil and what better time to watch that movie for the first time when you are sort of loopy on cold medicine). Love me some jump cuts to string music.
Hope you all had a good weekend, or that your weekend is still on because of Veteran’s day.